About Women's Preview weekend
Women's Preview Weekend (WPW) provides an opportunity for young women who have been offered admission to the College of Engineering to visit campus and make an informed decision about attending Virginia Tech. During Preview Weekend, prospective students meet current students and faculty and get a first-hand look at Virginia Tech and the College of Engineering. Each prospective student who completes the registration form, will be matched with a host who is a freshman in the Hypatia program.
This page serves to provide all information that would have been presented at Preview Weekend in a digital manner.
The following information that would have been provided at the event can be found on the navigational tabs for this section.
1) Panel Interview with Faculty and Graduate Students
- Commonly asked questions from this event has been compiled from numerous events. Check out the FAQ page!
2) Mini-Gobbler Fest
-Each fall semester, Virginia Tech holds an event called Gobblerfest on the Drillfield. Student organizations are lined up all over the Drillfield and allow students to learn about ways to get involved on campus. At WPW, Mini-Gobblerfest is held, with organization related to the College of Engineering Present.
- Visit the Mini-Gobbler Page to see a list of all engineering related organizations, such as professional societies, design teams, and volunteer organizations.
3) Getting to know current Hypatia members
- Students who registered to attend WPW have been assigned a freshman host in the Hypatia program. They should be reaching out to you soon! If you have not heard from them yet, reach out! These students are one of the best resources for answering your questions.
4) Lab tour
- The Galipatia Living Learning Community has its own design studio, The Invents Studio. Information regarding the studio and a virtual tour can be found on this website on the Studios 1 and 2 tab.